Tuesday, March 8, 2011

time to laugh

Our family has been blessed by so many who have taken us under their wing and has given us strength to w don't githstand the trials we have been through. I can't help but remember an old country song, (I don't know the exact words, but you will get the gist) if your going through hell, kepp on going, don't get out.... just keep on going. We're ready to "keep on going"! It's time to go home.
With all the tears and stress, it's time to laugh. After visiting with Fay yesterday, Chase and I went to visit my husband's old mission presidents wife. What a warm little firecracker! When Chase saw her on her driveway, he refused to get out of the car. It took words of flattery and a promised Ironman figure. Even with all that, I had to carry him inside. Once inside he took his time warming up. After ice cream and cupcakes he was comletely losened up as shows in the following conversation:

Chase: I know that lady. (pointing at me) She's my mean grandma. I have another grandma, she's my nice grandma. But she's (pointing to me) my mean grandma.

I wonder what would happen if the police stopped us and Chase said that? Maybe we shouldn't tempt any one!

He should have stayed in the car. Sister Berling fell in love with him!!

Another conversation: My mommy had an owy, and they had to unzip her and take the owy out, then zip her back up!

The first time Chase got to visit his mommy, he spent all his time searching Fay's hospital room. He wouldn't even give mommy a hug, he was on a mission! Finally we asked him what he was looking for. He said he was looking for the knife the doctor used to zip mommy up!

To Fay's Rexburg friends, ask Chase Sunday who his grandma is. Have fun hearing him describe me!!!!

3 comments:

JC said...

Maybe you and Chase should make a paper chain counting down the days til the mean grandma goes home. Make it out of the hearts like the one we saw at Children's so he will know how much his mean grandma loves him. Take him out for ice cream everyday. He'll fall in love with you and be begging you to stay!

Unknown said...

This is so cute!!! I love the paper chain idea. So funny. :)

Smith Family said...

Hey there Julie! I just found out about your blog and was eager to see how Fay is doing. Thank goodness she has a great Mom to come help out. We have kept Fay in our prayers. She is such an amazing woman! So...she looks beautiful even after surgery and being in the hospital. Hopefully, she recovers well!!!